ABOUT US
Through the years, our bank has enjoyed high quality leadership, and this has helped the bank achieve and maintain a significant share of the local banking market. The bank began operations in 1921 in a small building on South Central Street and operated out of that building until it moved to the corner of Central and Main Streets. By 1975, the bank had outgrown its downtown building and it moved into a new building at 201 East Main. By the mid-80ís, Idabelís business district had expanded east from downtown along Washington Street. To meet this development, the bank opened a branch at 1310 Southeast Washington. In 1992, the bank opened a branch inside what is now the Lewis Foods supermarket at 1500 Southeast Washington. Our supermarket branch was the first in the state of Oklahoma. Then, in 1998, we constructed our new building at 1201 Southeast Washington and consolidated our main office and the branch at 1310 into this location.
The Idabel National Bank was founded in 1921 and has operated in McCurtain County as an independent community bank since its inception. In 1968, the bank was purchased by Ed Shipp, and the Shipp family has controlled the bank through the present. Ed Shipp served as the bankís president until his death in 1978. He was succeeded by Earl Shipp, who served as president until 1993, when he retired and Brian Shipp was elected president. Since its inception, the bankís primary mission has been to serve the banking needs of Idabel and McCurtain County, and this continues to be the primary driving force behind the bank today. Being one of the oldest in McCurtain County, the bank has built a reputation of conservative soundness that has served it well.

 

HOME PAGEABOUT USDEPOSITS
LOANSSTATEMENT OF CONDITIONEMPLOYEES


IDABEL NATIONAL BANK
©copyright 2002 INB